Freitag, 25. Mai 2007

One Year in The Merde



Today, I've got the theree books from Lisa's booklist (One Year in The Merde, Holly Cow and A Year in Provence) which I ordered on amazon.com last week.

I decided to read 'A Year in The Merde' by Stephen Clarke first, as I thought it might be good to start with a funny one, after having read the most complex book ever -'Jaywalking with the Irish'.

'A year in The Merde' is a hilarious book that tells a story about a British businessman, the 27-year old Paul West, who arrives in Paris to start a new job. Very soon, West realises what French people are like and that somehow he does not really fit into their society..(mostly because of the language, he thinks that the French don't like him only because he is British..)

Anyway, as the book is really captivating and also very easy to follow, I've read about 100 pages today, which is about a quater of the whole book!!!
I'm looking forward to reading the next 100 pages which will hopefully be as funny as the first ones..

Keine Kommentare: