Samstag, 19. Mai 2007

Go Chelsea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Big day today for football fans in the UK...

Today Chelsea played Manchester United in the FA Cup Final at the new Wembley Stadium. As my boyfriend is a big Chelsea fan, he took me to a local pub to watch the game.
Although the game was really good, the atmosphere in the pub was really loud and slightly aggressive due to the tension of the game and also the alcohol level, I guess. At one point, the couple right in front of us started arguing, but the strange thing was that they were not even arguing about the game. Both were extremly drunk ( at 3 o'clock in the afternoon!!!!) and the guy grabbed his girlfriend's face shouting at her to shut her mouth. Oh my god, I was so shocked that any man would talk to his girlfriend in such a way, but then I was told that people with such behaviour are quite often associated with English football, and called Football Houligans !!!

Anyway, Chelsea managed to win the game 1:0 with a goal from Drogba (116. min) which made us very, very happy.

Keine Kommentare: